Sunday, December 18, 2005

"...but I've invited Dave to be part of it as well."

If you're here because of Gord's "Come blog with us" post at TVShowsOnDVD, then welcome! As you saw, he invited me to be a part of this, and I never could turn down Gord for much of anything. So I set up a blog account, and here I am!

Speaking of that profile, I hunted all over my hard drive for a decent pic of me, so you all could know what I looked like. I couldn't find one, so I used the one you'll see if you check my profile. It's a pic from Thanksgiving dinner at my in-law's, so I'm caught in mid-chew as I - ahem - taste the yams. But all the other pics I found of me are either in a suit, or amongst other people, or too old (I'm thinner, less bald, and don't have the beard...in other words, not like I am today ).

For those of you curious about my background, I'm married for 9 years to Stephanie, we have a son a month away from turning 8 named Stephen (no, he wasn't intentionally named for his mother...we both blanked on that aspect of the name choice until a month after his birth!), and I turned 40 not too long ago. But I act less mature than my son, so don't worry that I'm too serious or anything. I live in Memphis, TN and my full-time job is as an Analyst/Programmer. I was born in NYC and grew up in Houston, TX. How did I get to Memphis? I was a retail store manager for over a decade and at one point the chain offered me lots of money to move me to a city that was a size I was more comfortable with and open up 3 new locations for them; of course I said "yes"! Good thing, too, or I never would have met Stephanie. :)

That's enough background; I'll see how often I have time to check in here and post my thoughts. Right now, though, I have some news to post. Oh, nothing as exciting as the ones I posted last night, but stuff worth knowing about. Oh, sorry for the lateness of the ones last night, but I wanted and needed to have some time with my family, especially since I'm still going to take time out next weekend from the holiday to find and post some news for ya!

7 Comments:

At December 18, 2005 7:55 AM, Blogger John Pannozzi said...

I just want to say that I hope Tiny Toon Adventures, Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures (Ralph Bakshi's Mighty Mouse series) Taz-Mania, The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries, Freakazoid, Road Rovers, Histeria! and Duck Dodgers are released on DVD soon.

 
At December 18, 2005 9:03 AM, Blogger Gord Lacey said...

Woohooo, Dave is blogging now too :D

People may be surprised by this, but I've never met Dave before. He's down in Memphis, and I'm waaaaay up in Canada. Though we've never met, I consider Dave to be one of my closest friends. Isn't the 'net a wonderful place?

 
At December 18, 2005 9:37 AM, Blogger David Lambert said...

Hi, John, and thanks for posting the comments. Tiny Toons is one of my most-wanted unreleased and un-rumored shows.

However, I think Gord will probably agree with me in the hope that the blog comments don't just become a place where everyone drops their TV-on-DVD wishlists and runs off. Besides the obvious recommendation to register at the site and vote for these shows (we don't do anything evil with your personal info, by the way...we're very anti-spam people ourselves), the other recommendation I would make is to register at HomeTheaterForum.com (the place where Gord and I first met online) and post these types of wishllists in the TV-on-DVD section there. At the HTF you'll find a LARGE array of people who will probably agree with you, and turn it into a meaningful discussion.

In the meantime, I hope our friends from the HTF drop by here and say hello to us, and comment on our blog topics from time to time.

 
At December 18, 2005 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the background info! I read your site on a daily basis and it's nice to read some info on the people behind it.

Great site -- very well put together. You really fill a need effectively.

 
At December 18, 2005 5:19 PM, Blogger David Lambert said...

Okay, I got jealous of Gord's cool-looking black backround with the awesome blue stripe running through it, so I changed my pic to look like his. So...even though we've never met face to face, we can pretend we are in the same room when those pics were taken.

Which room? Why, the TSoD Command Center, of course! :)

 
At December 18, 2005 7:03 PM, Blogger Gord Lacey said...

Hey! Mine was taken in a subway! Here's the link to the larger photo: larger photo

 
At December 18, 2005 7:31 PM, Blogger David Lambert said...

Mine was taken in Photoshop!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home