Thursday, June 08, 2006

Streaming TV?

I'm interested in getting either a Slingbox, or Sony's Location Free TV, and I want to hear what you guys think, especially if you have one, or both, of the products.

I have friends in Hong Kong right now, and they're missing shows from over here, especialy some of the sports broadcasts. Tyler has a PSP, so he could take advantage of the Location Free TV thing, and there's Mac player software coming soon. Slingbox doesn't have Mac software yet, though they're going to release a beta version soon (July/Aug).

Have you guys used one of these products? If so, how was it?

Gord

6 Comments:

At June 09, 2006 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't say I'm lucky enough to have one, but one of my favorite authors, Neil Gaiman, is. Here's a link to a list of his blog entries that have mentioned it (unfortunately, not in chronological order):

http://www.neilgaiman.com/search?SearchableText=slingbox

Basically, he seems to like it.

 
At June 09, 2006 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had a Slingbox since December and I love it. I spent a lot of time back and forth between the East/West Coast for the first half of this year and it was great to be able to have access to my Tivo-ed programs or local broadcasts. I initially bought one of the Sony Locationfree devices (because I have a lot of Sony products and whatnot), but found it's interface to be clunky, so I exchanged it for a Slingbox instead and have been much happier.

 
At June 10, 2006 1:34 PM, Blogger Gord Lacey said...

Christina, I think you're one of the few people that have tried both, and I'm glad you found the Slingbox to be better; that's the one I'm leaning towards (it's cheaper too).

Gord

 
At July 07, 2006 10:58 AM, Blogger Gord Lacey said...

That's a little bit different than Location Free TV and Slingbox. Both those products stream live television over the net, not stored files on a computer

 
At July 28, 2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Shafty said...

Hey guys

great new streaming tv site thats totally free



http://www.watchfreetvonline.net

 
At January 19, 2007 2:13 PM, Blogger QwerQ.com said...

Anywhere you are, even in Hong kong you can watch TV at QwerQ TV streaming http://www.qwerq.com/tv/ Free TV Streaming Online

 

Post a Comment

<< Home