Thursday, January 12, 2006

Around the world...

So, last night I decided that I'm flying to LA on Friday morning. It's very last-minute, but there's a great opportunity there on Saturday.

For two years I've been bugging Warner Bros to release "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr" on DVD. We've posted the news that it's coming out, but now I'm getting a bit more involved in the set, with the blessing of Warner Bros. I want to promote this set pretty heavily on the site, and instead of simply posting "Buy the set," I'm going after some exclusive material. They're shooting interviews with Carlton Cuse and some of the writers on Saturday, and I'll be there to cover it. I'll snap some photos, hopefully get some audio clips, and try to stay out of trouble. We're going to be doing some other cool things with the set, so if you're a fan of the show then you'll want to keep checking the site for the news.

I leave around 7:00 am tomorrow, but that means I have to be at the airport around 5 am. I'm freaky tall (6'8" - seriously), so I need an exit row or else I can't move for a few hours after getting off the plane. I fly through Las Vegas (America West got rid of their direct flight - damn them!) and get into LA about 10:30 am. I've managed to make lunch plans with a friend, and dinner plans with some TV critics in LA for the Television Critic's Association gathering. Saturday will be spent at the interviews, and hanging out...maybe doing some shopping, or stalking celebs. I leave to come back at 9:00 pm, flying through Vegas again (free wireless internet in the airport), and I get home at 4:00 am. Now the problem is that I leave for Toronto with my girlfriend Monday morning, so I have about 25 hours to get caught up on sleep and pack for that trip. Phew!!

Hopefully I'll find some time between LA and Toronto to post some of the material from the interviews.

6 Comments:

At January 13, 2006 3:58 AM, Blogger J.D. said...

It's a very worthy blind buy. You won't be disappointed.

 
At January 13, 2006 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know people really want this show released, but I don't know a thing about it. Can someone fill me in?

Thanks!

 
At January 13, 2006 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, 6'8" that's freaky tall. I always suspected that there was something different about you.

 
At January 14, 2006 9:55 AM, Blogger David Lambert said...

Gord's so thin and tall that he makes up for my short, potbellied appearance. I'm 5'5" and with the holiday eating I probably am dangerously close to 200 lbs, if not actually there.

Mutt 'n' Jeff, if we ever got together side-by-side.

But 6'8"...Gord's someone we can all look up to!

 
At January 14, 2006 11:59 PM, Blogger Gord Lacey said...

Hey, I'm not THAT thin! I have a 38" waist, and I weigh more than you do, Dave :P

Gord

 
At January 19, 2006 6:45 AM, Blogger Gord Lacey said...

Staci...it only ran for one season ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home