Friday, January 13, 2006

Waiting for Sopranos? Wait a bit longer...

This impacts DVDs a bit, so it's not THAT far off-topic...

I just sat in on the HBO panel at the Television Critic's Association gig in LA, and I have some interesting news for fans of The Sopranos. I don't know if this has been reported elsewhere, but the final season will be broken in two (like Sex and the City was). The first 12 episodes will air starting in March, 2006, with the final 8 episodes airing in January, 07.

Yup, if you're waiting for the end of the show then you'll be waiting for over a year. I predict, and and this is NOT official at all, that HBO will release The Sopranos: Season 6, Part 1 on December 5, 2006. That's an educated guess based on two things; HBO likes releasing product the first Tuesday in December, and it makes sense they'd want to get the first half out on DVD before the holidays, and before the final half airs in Jan. I may be off by a few weeks, but that's my guess.

5 Comments:

At January 14, 2006 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sucks. I've been waiting forever.

 
At January 14, 2006 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what do you bet that when HBO releases the Season 6 DVDs they'll still charge a $99.99 (or some ridiculous amount) MSRP??

I love the show, but this very long wait between 5 and 6 was too long in my opinion...the enthusiasm I had when S5 ended has long died out and it's hard to get too excited for S6 when you realize that it's going to be spread over a year.

Of course, it keeps those HBO subscriptions up...

 
At January 16, 2006 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After a long spell of completely forgetting about Sopranos, I decided on a whim to Netflix S5. Good, nay, great stuff.
For some reason Netflix also has S6 listed on their site (with the "unknown" date.) So I assumed I was at least a season behind, and that the next one would be S7.
Thanks for clearing this up, and I feel like I'm finally caught up!

 
At January 17, 2006 12:08 PM, Blogger Jeff Myers said...

wow that is horrible....we've been waiting so long, and no we have to wait longer.

on a sidenote:
i was wondering if you have heard anything about 'two and a half men' on dvd or 'arrested development' season 3.

jeff myers
jeffwithaph@gmail.com

 
At January 22, 2006 9:26 AM, Blogger Sophia Pearl said...

What about ROAR? Is there anyway this 1997 show will be on DVD anytime in the near future?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home