Sunday, July 09, 2006

Pimp your ride?

We often get emails from people thinking that we're somehow connected to a TV show. We're baffled by it, because I can't think of anything on the site that would lead someone to believe we work on any show. By far the number one show people think we're connected to is "Pimp My Ride," the MTV series where they take crappy cars and pimp them out with new paint jobs, killer sound systems, and TVs in the strangest places (really, who is going to go out to the garage and watch a TV in their trunk?).

Now I bring you the "Pimp My Ride" emails:

Bernard has sent the following email:
How do register to get my car pimped?

Sal has sent the following email:
My name is Sal and I have a junky car and I want to get it fixed up for my mother's Birthday and I wanted to do it through your show. You can contact my mothere at the email address, XXXXXXX@yahoo.com or mail me @ XXX ave. XXXX Fresno, CA XXXXX and our phone number is (XXX) 2X1-1XX2, ask for Regina. Thank you for your time and consideration
Sal

althea has sent the following email:
I'm 70 and have a MR2 1985 the frist one out and my 11 grandkids told me to see if you pimp my car??????

Richard has sent the following email:

Hi My name is Richard, I would like to congradulate you guys for the show "pimp my ride" . I think it's great what you'll are doing. I was wondering if you guys could help a vato out one time. I bought this old 71 leman pontiac, and is kind of rusted. I had plans to fix it up myself but with a 5 yrs. old daughter and being under pay is hard to do so. I'd always loved old cars and this is one of my favorite ones. I see myself in it cruisin the streets of my neighborhood clean clean feeling like a million bucks. thank you for your time and please send me your adress so I can mail you my car fliks and mines thanks again, by the way I live in the bay area, san francisco. peace...

Ricky has sent the following email:
Will you please please pimp my ride ?

boakai has sent the following email:
HI,MY NAME IS BOAKAI,I WASH YOUR SHOW EVERY TIME ON TV AND I READY ONE TO TELL YOU PEOPLE THANKS ,FOR YOUR HELP YOUR BEEN GIVING PEOPLE WHO DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO RIDE GOOD CAR.MY SELP I DO NOT HAVE MONEY TO RIDE GOOD CAR TOO.BUT THANK GOD,I PRAY ONE DAY YOU PEOPLE WITH SEE ME TOO.THANKS GOD BLESS YOUR AND YOUR FAMILY.GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU.

lee has sent the following email:
would love to pimp my ride , they only prob. is don't really have the finaince for ..... guess my question would be how or what would you you do to a '94 intrepid 3.5l power everything .. would like some ideas that would not be to expensive , , is there any pimp my ride contest for canadians up north in timmins ontariothat i could try to enter would love to see what some one else would do

Tyrone has sent the following email:
I would like to know where the shop is located so that I could purchase some rime and get my music installed

Jessica has sent the following email:
I filled out an app. for pimp my ride on a web site. they wrote me back and said i got it. then they wanted me to fill out some more info and give them a credit card number. can you please e-mail me back and tell me if this sounds wright.

bear ballard has sent the following email:
how do you get your truck pimp out please let me know a 75 chevy is waiting

There are more, but those are just the recent ones. It's too bad the show wasn't called "My Pimped Car" and these people were offering to send me their pimped out car so they could get on TV.

Gord

13 Comments:

At July 09, 2006 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, that's funny:)

 
At July 09, 2006 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe! Amusing stuff.

 
At July 09, 2006 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Some people just aren't used to validate internet sites. Funny stuff.

 
At July 10, 2006 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... that's just... absurdly hilarious.

But since I'm already writing the comment, my neighbor and I want to Trade Spaces. Could you hook me up? ;-D

 
At July 10, 2006 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.

 
At July 10, 2006 10:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Funny stuff. Maybe there is something to be said about the people who watch the program "Pimp My Ride"

 
At July 10, 2006 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, how could anyone think this site is for pimp my ride? its clearly a dvd site lol. altho i must say my cuz was watchin the show while flippin the channels and we saw the thing with the tv in the trunk and she jus blurted out, where the heck do they put the grocerys at and stuff? lol

 
At July 10, 2006 1:12 PM, Blogger Gord Lacey said...

Sorry, we're just doing the casting for "Yes Your Royal Highness," a new reality show where Dave and I each select a winner that gets to treat us like a King for a year. Anyone want to apply?

Gord

 
At July 11, 2006 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Anyone want to apply?"

Yes, your Royal highness!

(I must be a shoe-in already..)

 
At July 12, 2006 4:32 AM, Blogger David Lambert said...

Wezzo, you're goin' to Hollywood! :)

 
At July 12, 2006 11:24 AM, Blogger jd said...

Jessica...SMH

 
At July 14, 2006 8:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, one more joke...

Can you get me on Drawn Together? I am a claymation snail with fangs and a spiked shell.

 
At November 20, 2006 7:17 PM, Blogger pinkzoomer said...

wow, that's so funny. gave me a real LOL moment, haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home