Sunday, July 30, 2006

A&E is Evil!

I'm a fan of "Flip This House" an A&E show featuring Trademark Properties buying houses, fixing them up, then selling them for a profit. It's a great show, and you're really missing out if you haven't seen it. Wait....I meant I WAS a fan of the show. Season 2 premiered last Sunday, but Trademark Properties isn't part of the new season, and isn't part of the show at all. I noticed Richard C Davis, CEO of Trademark, was credited as the creator of the show in season 1, but his name was removed from the credits of season 2. I checked out the A&E forums and fans were PISSED at the cast change. I decided to email Richard and ask him what was going on with the show, and a few days later I received this email (which went out to everyone that emailed him):

    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    First of All, I want to personally thank you all for the overwhelming show of support you guys have shown us during season 1 of "Flip This House" and even more so since the introduction of season 2 without Team Trademark. TRULY HUMBLING and more appreciated than I can ever put in words.

    Many of you have taken the time out of your busy lives to let the powers to be know how you feel, that means more to me personally than any victory we will have in court.

    I can't comment on the lawsuit but I will tell you it is the FIRST time in my life that I even contemplated suing anyone. I don't believe in wasting good energy chasing bad energy and truly believe you reap what you sew but this time I wasn't going to be bullied by a network and allow them to steal what is rightfully mine.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060725/tv_nm/house_dc_1

    I want to clear up any question as to our association with season 2, it's real simple....WE HAVE NONE! A&E did a casting call to replace myself, Ginger, Dawn, Lori, Vance, John and everyone else associated with Trademark Properties. I wrote the show, produced our pilot, shopped it to 3 networks, never sold it, still own it and somehow A&E "recast" a show that was never cast in the first place. We are real people, doing what we do every day, just with a camera capturing it for your amusement and hopefully you pick up some tips along the way, some how to and some how not to:)

    We are filming as we speak for a new series on a new network. I want to assure you of one thing, we will not change for the sake of a network or production company or anyone for that matter. We are who we are, flaws and all and don't care to show you anything but who we really are, what we really do and how we really do it, success or failure.

    It has been great meeting many of you at the airports, at our office and for many of you at The Crab House:) you guys have shown us nothing but support and even if I get in trouble with the lawyers, I felt the need to respond to your gracious support.

    Everyone has brought it to my attention that the network has removed the website and discussion boards for your comments. I would ask that you all please go to www.imdb.com and utilize the "flip this house" discussion boards there. This is a television database for the industry that cannot be removed by the network. It means so much to Team Trademark that you continue to have a place to voice your concerns. This is the place that will get the most attention from network executives, production companies, and sponsors, as well. Please remember when you rate the show, it is about season 1 with Team Trademark. So if you like season 1 - rate it high, but put your comments about season 2 in the comment section.

    Thank you so much – we could not ask for a more supportive group of people! We will keep you up to date as we are allowed (and sometimes when we're not:) )

    Richard
BAD A&E! I hope Trademark wins this lawsuit and walks away with a pile of cash, and their show. I won't be watching season 2.

Gord

17 Comments:

At July 31, 2006 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was really surprised last weekend when I watched the show and saw a new company. And then this weekend it was another new company. I really miss the old people and am no longer interested in watching it

 
At July 31, 2006 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've actually never heard of this show. I hope he wins the lawsuit too! Remember when A&E was a good station? And AMC? And TBS? And TNT?

I used to like those stations for a reason and now they're pretty much crap. AMC especially. remember when they used to show REAL classics, not movies from a few years ago. And when they only had commercials BETWEEN movies??? All anyone cares about is money, not quality.

 
At August 08, 2006 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A&E used to be one of my favorite channels. It was where I got my British mystery fix. Then they decided to get rid of the British mysteries, even to the extent of burning off some "Midsomer Murders" episodes at weird times when no one knew they were on. Now MM is on the Biography Channel, which a lot of mystery fans don't get. I hate A&E.

 
At August 10, 2006 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your show, Love you Richard! Give 'em hell...then come and help me flip my house, hahahahaha!!!
We love the show, and will watch you wherever you go. Have to say we loved the episode where you camped out to catch thieves. Classic!

 
At August 15, 2006 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It amazes me that networks still don't get it is about the characters/people on the shows and not the name of the show.

I watched the first episode of Season 2 and just assumed they were expanding it to other regions of the country. And honestly the characters/people weren't as good as Trademark Properties.

I wish Richard and the gang the best of luck with this and I am sure to follow it wherever it goes. The houses are really a backdrop for what is a wonderful cast.

 
At August 15, 2006 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I truly do hope Richard wins his lawsuit as well. I find it absolutely crazy that A&E thought they could ever replace Richard, Ginger and the rest of the trademark team with ANYONE let alone a Texas man who acts like an A--hole most of the time and two women who act like they do not have intelligence how offending to us women out there. Not to mention you do not dare let your children watch the show now because it certainly does not teach pride in your community. Women in bathing suits handing beer to men and getting them to stop working? What does this have to do with flipping? A&E has made a mistake~If I want to see SMUT I will read the Globe Thank you! Go Team Trademark~Kick their butt in court@

 
At August 26, 2006 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am dissappointed that the show is all new people. I watched one episode and thought they were Trademark wantabee's on a small scale. They are no where on the same level of buying power or experience that we have become used to with Trademark. Also, they seem to completely try and rape these smaller companies to reap a profit. Richard Davis would never do that. I doubt these money hungry rats would ever take the time to redo a house and let a known slow pay tenant move back in and give him a second chance. You can tell the level of commitment and friendships Richard Davis has by watching only a few shows. This man has heart, and a real sense of community! I certainly will follow him to whatever channel is smart enough to grab him!

 
At August 31, 2006 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a shock! I hope Richard and the gang find another network to pick them up. That show was so funny. Remember Ginger running in her heels & skirt from the rats!! I believe 90% of that stuff is scripted and 10% is just stuff that happened.

 
At September 01, 2006 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will NEVER watch A&E's new Flip This House, Season 2. I love watching everyone from Trademark Properties! That was the entire reason I tuned it! You made a huge mistake on this one, A&E.

 
At September 17, 2006 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new season 2 of Flip This House just plain sucks! The companies they chose are nothing but cheap wanna be investors that think treating people badly is the way to make money. That guy from TX is just an a**hole to everyone, including his wife.

The Trademark team is the best! They do a quality job, treat people with respect, and still make money on the houses. Their commitment to the community is evident, even when they are outside of Charleston.

I will wait patiently for Trademark to show up again on another network. And I will NEVER watch A&E's show again.

 
At November 12, 2006 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure miss you Richard and your crew...Never missed your show....And I really miss not see you and your crew now....Go and give them Hell.....Can't wait to see you back on....

 
At January 13, 2007 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Montelongo Company (season 2) is the typical sample of so-called "investors" who takes advantage of the cheap labor (mostly migrant workers) markets to make big bucks.
I despise most of the real estate investors out there.... and I do know the business quite well.

 
At February 24, 2007 11:38 PM, Blogger Eddie said...

Oh please... as if the networks actually listen to anyone for REAL value... they listen with their wallets. If they acutally listend to viewers, Paige Davis would still be on Trading Spaces and the show wouldn't so damn boring.

 
At April 24, 2007 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard it was your idea! A&E stop being ignorant... Richard Davis and his team made the show....wake up. Watching the new one is no longer enjoyable! I wish Richard and his whole crew lots of love and luck.

I am done with A&E....they kinda suck..huh

 
At May 29, 2007 5:56 PM, Blogger rob said...

I loved flip that house... But the Trademark gave up the show and move to the "Real Deal" on TLC... Smart move IMO more viewers.

 
At July 24, 2008 10:59 AM, Blogger Gina said...

Flip this, A&E! You can now watch Richard Davis and the Trademark Team on "The Real Deal" over at TLC!

 
At January 19, 2010 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If anyone out there is still checking this blog, read on! Does anyone out there know where to find episodes of season one on dvd (those with Team Trademark)? Any help is appreciated!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home